Gillards Worldwide Warehousing and Distribution is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data.
This notice explains how we collect and process personal data about you in connection with your job application and the rights that you have in relation to such processing. We may update this notice at any time.
If you have any questions regarding the contents of this notice, you should contact Daniel Gillard, Managing Director, by email to Daniel@gillards.com.
Gillards Worldwide Warehousing and Distribution is a Limited company, registered in England and Wales under number 2007688.
We are a controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office under number Z518932X in relation to the processing of personal data, which means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use data and information about you.
We will comply with data protection law in relation to your personal data, which requires us to ensure that the personal data we process about you are:
- 1. Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- 2. Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly told you about and not used for any other purposes that are not compatible with those purposes
- 3. Relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes we have told you about
- 4. Accurate and kept up-to-date
- 5. Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about
- 6. Kept secure
We will collect, use and store the following personal data about you:
- Personal contact details such as your name, address, telephone number and email address
- Information you choose to provide us with such as your date of birth, gender or gender identity, marital status, dependants, disability or medical condition
- The contents of your CV, job application and/or covering letter
- Notes of your responses to questions raised at interview
- References obtained from any previous employer(s)
Most of the personal data set out above will have been provided by or obtained from you in the course of the application and recruitment process. We may also have been provided with your personal data by a recruitment agency.
We may sometimes collect personal data about you from third parties including:
- your CV from any recruitment agencies that you have authorised to approach us regarding a position
- references from former employers
We will use the personal data about you for the following purposes:
- Undertaking our recruitment and selection process in accordance with our policies and procedures
- Communicating with you about the recruitment and selection process
- Monitoring the effectiveness of our recruitment and selection policies and procedures for internal purposes only
- Considering and making any necessary reasonable adjustments in respect of our recruitment process
- Complying with legal or regulatory requirements
We may use "special categories" of personal data about you for the following purposes:
- Evaluating whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments during the recruitment and selection process
- Ensuring meaningful equal opportunity monitoring and reporting (you will not be identified in any reports)
We will only use your personal data for the above purposes, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason which is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
For most of the purposes described above, the legal basis for processing your personal data will be our legitimate interests as a business in recruiting individuals for the position applied for in line with our selection criteria.
If you fail to provide information when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application (such as evidence of qualifications or work history), we will not be able to process your application successfully.
Access to your personal data will be limited to:
- Those of our staff members involved in administering and undertaking the recruitment and selection process (including our directors)
- Any external individual or company engaged by us to assist with our recruitment and selection process (subject to appropriate safeguards being put in place)
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have also put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
You have a number of rights in relation to the personal data processed by us about you:
- Access: You have the right to request access to and be provided with a copy of the personal data held about you together with certain information about the processing of such personal data to check that are holding it lawfully
- Correction: You have the right to ask us to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data held about you
- Deletion: You have the right to ask us to delete or remove any personal data held about you where there is no good reason for us to continue holding it or where you have exercised your right to object (see below)
- Restriction: You have the right to ask us to restrict how we hold your personal data, for example, to confirm its accuracy or our reasons for holding it
- Objection: You have the right to object to our holding of any personal data about you which is based on our legitimate interests or those of a third party based on your particular circumstances. You also have the right to object to our holding your personal data for direct marketing purposes
- Portability: You have the right to receive or request that we transfer a copy of the personal data we hold about you in an electronic format where the basis of our holding such information is your consent or the performance of a contract and the information is processed by automated means
- Withdrawal of consent: Where the basis of our holding any personal data relating to you is your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time
- Complaints: You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in relation to the holding of your personal data by usTo exercise any of the above rights, you should contact Daniel Gillard, Managing Director, by email to Daniel@gillards.com.
You will not have to pay any fee to exercise any of the above rights except, in the case of the right to access, if any request is clearly unfounded or excessive where we may charge a reasonable fee or alternatively refuse to comply with your request.